Friday 22 May 2009

MAKING UP MY MIND TO DO GOD'S WILL.

'' God gave me these wonderful gifts for a reason. When you see all the destructive things going on in the world, you realize it is up to you to decide whether or not you are going to help change it or fall into it. If I can use my gifts to change the world for the better and make a difference, that's what I intend to do. ''
- Michelle Williams, member of Destiny's Child.

I came across these profound words in a copy of ESSENCE Magazine. Michelle Williams has continued to release gospel albums despite being a member of Destiny's Child, the American R&B group. I dunno if the group still exists. Beyonce Knowles is now a recognised solo artist. Haven't heard about Kelly Rowland for some time. Michelle's words really touched me. I know God does not give us gifts without expecting us to use them for certain purposes. Many people die without using the talents God placed in them. This happens due to a lot of reasons including poverty, sudden death, ignorance, misplaced priorities, laziness, lack of focus and general lethargy.

However, there are always opportunities for us to make our dreams come true. This is the best period in history for people to actualize their dreams. A lot of things and technology have been put in our hands. We can connect with people in different parts of the world easily. We can share our dreams with others and receive advice from them. We can have our own websites for free or at a cheap price. If we are determined enough, we can become millionaires in a matter of years. What I'm trying to say is that it is easier these days to recreate our world. It does not matter the kind of society we live in. It does not matter if we live in a rich or poor country. Poor countries can only become rich if people decide to do something about the state of their country.

That is why I've decided to use the gifts God gave me positively. I'm going to embark on some projects very soon. You'll get to hear about these projects on this blog before the world knows about them. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but I love children. That should give you a clue about what I'm up to. May the good lord bless the work of my hands when the time comes. Say amen with me. Amen. And how was your day?